If you know me, or just read my blog, you know that I am not a fan of quick fixes and quick fix promises. These are not them.
These 20 quick “adjustments” are basic changes you can make or add to your already somewhat sound fat loss plan. They will not lead to quick fixes, but may help you get over a hump or plateau – without just eating less (no one wants that).
If your goal is fat loss and you are already losing around .5-1 lb per week, then you don’t need to change a thing yet!
If your weight loss has stalled for more than a couple weeks, and you feel like there is nothing else you can do besides just cutting back on your food (no fun), then look over this list and see which of these things you could apply to your plan.
- Strength train 3-4 days per week
- Replace processed carbs with veggies at your meal furthest from your workout
- Eat protein at every meal
- Replace one meal with a 50 gram protein shake (this brand is my favorite) – 2 scoops
- Increase your sleep (even starting with 15 more minutes per day can help)
- Keep a food journal – just write everything down
- Only eat once you have felt hunger for 30 minutes
- Eat 3 meals a day, no snacks (this works great for smaller females)
- Drink no liquid calories
- Walk 15 minutes per day
- Seek help from a professional, and DO WHAT THEY SAY
- Make a movement ritual – example: when you get home from work, get out of your car, and just walk around the block once before going inside. Might sound silly, but this can add more movement throughout the day, and maybe inspire you to do more.
- Eat 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body weight
- Eat fruit when you want a sweet treat
- Exercise daily (even if it is only 10-15 minutes)
- Replace butter and liquid oils with a olive oil based cooking spray (when using pans)
- Cut out all alcohol on 6 days per week (7 would be nice)
- Make your own food
- Hike on weekends (2+ hours)
- Find a workout buddy with the same goals
So look those over, and give one or two a shot!
Like what you read? Want to get up to date blog posts sent directly to your email? Sign up below!
Stay healthy my friends,