Sometimes you need to break up the monotony of your workout routine, I get it.
Obviously I am all for sticking to a plan, but a once in a while challenge is a nice break from the norm. I often will throw these types of workouts in on a weekend, or a day where I and short on time, and need to get the most bang for my buck.
Set a timer for 30 minutes, and complete as many rounds as possible:
- Goblet Squats x 15 reps – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xwGFn-J_Q4
- DB or Kettlebell Swings x 10 reps
- Push Ups x As many as possible
- Controlled Crunches on a stability ball OR Curl Ups x 10 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86p6-nkkgKE or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VmA0gwxOMI
- 5 minutes sub-max effort sprints, with rest as needed
- Sprint a speed that would be a difficulty of about 8 out of 10, then rest until you feel ready to do another. These can be done on a treadmill, bike, or outside.
Like what you read? Want to get up to date blog posts sent directly to your email? Sign up below!
Stay healthy my friends,